2008 Wrap-up

Although I've moved most of my basic ride information over to Tex.Ville.Rides, I'll do a bit of an '08 wrap-up here on this site. This "date"is entirely due to mycyclinglog.com, a site I forget to use pretty often, but then furiously enter a bunch of rides just so it does the numbers. My Excel total and mycyclinglog total are off by 38 miles, but I definitely will take my Excel numbers as the more correct, so I'll have to dump those 38 into some general, nondescript category.

Bikes

LHT- 1192 miles- 77 trips
Bleriot- 741m- 28t
TrekSS- 491m- 27t
Crosscheck- 183m- 12t
Blueridge- 169m- 7t
Caffeine 29er- 106m- 6t
925fixie- 96m- 15t
RB-1- 64m- 2t
Monocog- 60m- 5t
Rocket- 47m- 2t
38m of mystery

Grand total of (mycyclinglog) 3237 miles. And again, the Excel spreadsheet adds 38 miles to that for a total of 3275.
  • The LHT won the award again, also being my top ride last year, and my commuting miles outtotalled by road miles by 61.
  • The longest ride for 2008 was 62 miles on July 20th. That was around when our computer got "eaten", so there's no blog entry, which is fine. It was a nice ramble from Louisville to Frankfort, with the fam picking me up there and then to our friend Pam's house for cards.
  • I did better with some longer rides, adding another 60m, 57m, 53m, 47,, 42m and a 41m mixed-terrain ride. A full-on century is certainly a goal for 2009, and getting some ride partners will/would certainly help.
  • I didn't buy a bike this year (I think).
  • The RB-1 has seen much more significant mileage as surrogate for LithoDale. I think '09 will be the year he actually buys a bike that's within 3 sizes of his own tall-ass body.
  • I did better in '08 doing mixed-terrain rides, with 12 of them, including a nice effort in Casey Co. for the first time.
  • Really it was a solid year on the bike. If I can capture some miles in the lost tennis spring, 2009 will be even better, and let's hope the RCCS has some influence with that too.
Peace out. And sorry numbers nerds. I speak Romance languages quite well, but numbers ain't my thang.

Comments

Unknown said…
I would be interested in doing a century up around Louisville if you end up working up to one. The one I did had quite a bit of climbing and while I don't mind climbing, I would appreciate one that was less hilly. If you want to do a hilly century, I have a good loop mapped out down here in Berea.
Congratulations, Tex, on steadily increasing your annual total and for riding more than me this year. WooHoo!

Popular Posts