Bike Summit II part 1


I've been busy since Thursday's Bike Summit to give any thoughts, and even now I don't have anything coherent to add. Above is a pic of a nice Bianchi I saw there. Our favorite agitator Jimmy made a cogent observation that the building which hosted the Summit didn't have bike parking so they used some barriers as seen above. You can also have a looksie at Crankedmag's 2cents. I would further add that I was surprised by the lack of bikes. Out of 200+ participants, there were maybe 20 bikes locked outside. Maybe 30, but that's a high estimate. Much of the program focused on making cycling routes more available, but IMHO it focused on recreational routes and not functional routes. I'll discuss this later, but I'm glad I went and hopefully it gets the 'Ville even further into the discussion. I've lambasted our fair town before for its lack of focus, but after Thursday I think there is at least an earnest desire to see Louisville as something better than purely car-centric.

Comments

Popular Posts