Commute No. 13

There was nothing special except for the opportunity to commute Friday morning. I woke up refreshed at 5 after a nice night's sleep. I almost didn't ride out of complacency, but I took the LHT for both the short route there and the short route home, using Audobon each time for a change of pace. I had to hightail it home b/c we went on a double date to ZFushion for a VD dinner. We had an excellent meal and I encourage whomever to give it a try; be prepared to have adequate cash :-). We spent about $100 for the 2 of us, but had every course and split a reasonable bottle of wine. A 'Benjamin' is a good sized wad of cash these days, but it was worth it, I think.

After the meal we went to see Son Volt. It was probably the wife's 10th time or more seeing them and my 6th or so. I found myself feeling nostalgic, thinking of seeing early Son Volt shows before 'Z' was even born. Jay Farrar seems to be glancing back into a country vane/vain?? like the early alt-country records, and I found the show more enjoyable than anticipated, even with the 2 drunken idiotic women who were swaying into everybody's space.

Comments

Popular Posts