Whew!

If yesterday was affirmation that I feel better on and after having been on the bike, then today was affirmation that, while I love being on the bike, it can be pretty difficult at times. I was only out for 17m, but they were miles well-earned. The combination of the singlespeed (FrankenTrekSS) and some blustery conditions made for a slow slog through St. Matthews. The original plan was to do some flat miles there and then head down towards the river via Frankfort, maybe as a means of hunting some cobble/brick ways for the Paris-Redux. Instead, my big ass was tired after 13m of so of the 20-30mph cold winds out of the west. It's typically in the 60s this time of year; today it's been in the upper 30s and I didn't dress as well as I should have. Oh well, it was fun and I'd do it again, maybe with some warmer clothes next time.

Comments

Popular Posts