Night Ride

Went on an evening/night ride with Lithodale this evening, taking in all the the Quickbeam provides.  We went through Audobon, across to UL and south via Floyd/Park, back up 4th street into downtown, across Market and back up Baxter.  The neighborhoods were hopping with street parties, barbques, busy bars and everything you could ask of with a wonderful, temperate night under the fading sun.  Smartly, he suggested a pint at Dundee (he paid, too!) and we parted ways in the cover of dark, flashing reds and fresh legs.  

The Quickbeam may quickly become my fav ride.  It's so smooth, assured, stable and confident. I spun my "little" legs off today b/c LD was in a larger gear so I was spinning at a considerably greater rate than he, but I was also able to confidently spin up a couple hillocks that we encountered.  And, damn, that Guiness was good too.

No pics, but tomorrow will hopefully provide a somewhat adventurous 57-miler on the way to 'L's last soccer game of the Spring season.  I'll be sure to have some pics ready after that.

Comments

Popular Posts