stiff legs and good miles

Dave and I took advantage of the holiday to do a nice 33-miler today.  Other than a flat tire (Dave) and a free bike (junker for Dave), there wasn't too much to report other than that it was a pleasant time all round.  I might have been feeling the singlespeed effort from last night a bit, especially towards the end.  I have a mixture of not very trained legs at the moment with some heart rate issues that just sort of dangle there.  I'm really proud of Dave b/c when we started riding last fall I was definitely the one in better shape, but now he definitely has me on the flats, and this with a much heavier ride (his Giant).  It goes to show the benefit of dropping the weight, something I'm not in the midst of right now.

Our route took us out Rudy Ln to Lime Kiln, where we tried to cut through a "Private" road to get down through Glenview.  Instead we ended up taking in some mixed terrain on an old road bed which led us to River Rd.  from there we climbed up River Hill Rd to cut through to Indian Hills and up Totem as well.  Needing a bit of mileage, we headed downtown, again on River Rd.
We also stopped by a new "shop", if you want to call it that.  I even forgot the name, but we briefly visited and spoke with the owner of a shop opening in the old drycleaners at the corner of River  Rd. and Zorn.  It's designed mostly for repairs and refurb, but it was a bizarre place, with a beat up hybrid on one end and 2 very, very nice Waterfords hanging on hooks at the other end.  I may be wrong, but it seems like this guy has collected lots and lots of bike stuff and is opening the shop to help liberate it.  I'll stop in again some time just for interest sake, and I hope for him that he does well there, although the location is sort of strange.


Comments

Century trainer said…
best way to get rid of stiff legs - a nice easy slow ride. it's like have a drink to cure a hangover - sounds so wrong but actually works a treat!

Popular Posts