Ready Freddy

Tomorrow's plan is for a 60-miler over country roads in Henry, Oldham, Trimble and Carroll counties. In that 60 are 4 sections of gravel- I think- and some gnarly climbing. I futzed with the Bleriot today to take the lump out of the bike tire, but to no avail. I'll ride lumpy and deal. Below is out flyer.


On a very different note, I picked up a link from wandering around today, so I don't remember to whom I should give credit. It's quite amazing some of the subway infrastructure being built in other countries while we just can't seem to get anything done in the good ol' U.S. of A. anymore.

Comments

Steve A said…
I'd not be quite so quick to write off the good ol' USA quite yet. I think that raggedy ol' flag's got a few waves left in it yet when it sets its mind to stuff...
Pondero said…
Good luck with the mixed terrain ride. We're looking forward to our own next Saturday down here in north Texas.
Anonymous said…
Looks like a Star Trek hallway!
LvilleTex said…
Pondero, some pics are posted on the RCCS site. It would be interesting to compare terrains. I'm very certain, though, that areas in the Midwest and SW have *way* more gravel than KY. Our road lobby is very influential here in KY.

Steve A, I sure hope so. Just today it was reported that China was X% ahead of us in RnD for new renewable energies and technologies. In many ways, so is Europe. What are the next technologies that we're going to produce? Or are we going to let everyone pass us by and use creative accounting to drag ourselves back into the muck?

Popular Posts