Riverwalk

Nice relaxed Quickbeam ride yesterday. I'll let the pics do the talking:

Sludge leaking into Beargrass Creek. Yuck! This area reeked of sulpher as well.


Quickbeam on Beargrass bridge


new arena making progress.

2nd Presbyterian, but tower only. The rest burned down last year. The new location will be in the former Krogers to the left.


looking east down Riverwalk w/Ohio River

Riverwalk in bottoms. I really enjoyed the sparse, bare look of the flora in winter. Take a look through the barren trees. Nothing fancy, just nice lines.

Funnily, when the waterfront park was built this was an inlet from the river. Now, instead of looking at water you have the reformation of land and flora. Nature does its own thing.

BEAVER!!!! I took several pics, but this is the one I chose. He was roaming around just off the bridge (of previous QB pic). It's also the same spot I saw remnant of beaver last winter

My old friend Ol' Blue, in a tree this time instead of wading in the creek. yes, broken record, but I always like seeing ol'blue.

Comments

Pondero said…
Great route matched up with a great bike.

Satisfied with that QB?
LvilleTex said…
very satisfied. In fact, I'm having a bit of "buyer's remorse" with both Bleriot and LHT. I'm liking the larger frame and it's got me thinking whether the smaller frame-especially on the Bleriot- is the answer.

Maybe it'll give me a good excuse to save for a 650b AHomerHilsen. My fine wife would love that!

Happy New Year!
Pondero said…
What size is the QB? I might sell my 56 AHH 650B frame.

I think I've decided I prefer low trail, and might pursue another low trail option for my second bike.

Popular Posts