Early Fun

I woke up just really really early this morning and have been fixated on bike sites, bike rides and bikes. I can't really go through all the fun, but here are a few:

GravelGrinderNews.com- this is a compendium of gravel race news. Instead of me dredging over every view, just take a look at the events on the right and have a peek. Several of fun videos and pics.

GravelGrovel- which is the closest of these gravel fests, this one taking place just outside Bloomington, IN, which is about an hour away from the 'Ville. The roads look awfully similar to the ones the RCCS has undertaken on our Hoosier Nat'l Forest rides.

Rawland- I've visited this site off and on, but I took another look at their intriguing products. I didn't know, either, that the guy and his wife come from an extended deaf family and that he is/was a deaf school administrator. That's cool, and his bikes are too. With the Surlys I don't really have a need for one, but I'm captivated by that bright red color of theirs. I wonder why inventory for the two signature frames the Olaf and Song shows only 1 XS each. Perhaps they have moved to new products Drakkar and Ravn.

Looking at the Rawland products, in concert with a mention from Jim Thill up at Hiawatha has me rethinking the Crosscheck. He's got a pic of a 54" CC with new (resurrected?) Panaracer FireCross 45c tires. That's some fat rubber on a roadish bike! I'm envisioning the 45c's and mounting the moustache bars on the CC for a completely different ride. My only concern is stem/bar issues. You have to get the 'stache ups up and close to be comfy, and the CC doesn't have alot of stem room to shorten. I'm gonna think hard about it b/c it seems like fun.

You know, it's a great time to be in the biking world. There are some many interesting bike makers out there right now that the choice seems endless. Another I ran by this morning was Handsome Family. It's another maker that claims inspiration from '90s Bridgestone bikes. Steel is Real!

And yet another option, the Fargo, courtesy of Gnat likes... Talk about a do-anything bike!


All this has got me requiring a bike ride today, even in the snowy muck! Perhaps another spin on the Monocog.

Comments

Popular Posts