Commute #8 + Cross

How's that for post title? Sort of ridiculous, if you ask me. On the Friday afternoon commute I was to meet some work types for a post-salt mine libation. Instead of leaving immediately I had to tidy up a couple things and left a bit later than planned. In turn, while on the LHT fat hog I put my head down and rode about as hard as I can on the hog. No, it wasn't a LithoDale 18mph avg for an entire century, but moving the hog down the road in full commuter mode at a 16-18mph clip takes some work. I maintained on the route between work and the bar and was surprised that I had gotten there first. Beers were drunk. Frites were engulfed. The weekend began.

Yesterday Dave and I futzed around with some kind of ride amidst our schedules and finally we agreed to do a 'cross ride of some sort, with him borrowing my Monocog. After a saddle adjustment off we went via Creason over to GeorgeRogersClark park, where Jimmy and his hood rat gang had painted some new 'cross trail markings. We found some obvious markings on the Poplar Level Rd. side, but after that we just rode around the cross country trails, some of which somebody had mown in to the park grass. We even tried a run-up at one point, which quickly became a walk up. We futzed around there for a good while, somewhat limited by our single-speed action (I stayed in the same approximate ratio as Dave for the entirely of the ride) before heading over to Vic's Classic Bikes for a looksie. From there, back home via Cherokee and a nice couple hours spent on the bike in the 'hood.

Comments

Doug said…
Vic's looks interesting. Wouldn't mind hearing more about that place.

Popular Posts