Bday blessings

Life has been rough-n-tumble, certainly pertaining to my health of late. That said, nothing I've experienced the past month is in the least bit bad. Yes, I have some unhealthy facets, but those can be- and are being- adjusted as we speak. Out with the sugar and in with the salads. I'm feeling lighter, better and more positive.

As I sit here on my 41st, I can't help but feel blessed amidst the turmoil that is the world. Yesterday Dave and I had the good fortune to put in 45 rolling miles, during which I felt as strong as I have in a while. I just felt crisp and good. After such a good ride, I had an even better one later, riding with the L-man to the hardware store so he could buy some duct tape for a project. Herculean adventures across mammoth climbs and open roads are great and all, but I always, *always*, feel great after our neighborhood jaunts. I hope I'm instilling in him the love of the 2 wheels.

I finished off yesterday's pre-birthday at mom's house for a typically fabulous meal. Thanks for the salad, salmon and chocolate pie, Mom! And thanks to the good wife for putting up with my shit these 21 or so years.

And today, not long ago, I celebrated the actual bday with one hour+ of twilight-to-dark singlespeed spinning on the QB, just tapping out a comfy rhythm while enlightening my mind with some This American Life and RadioLab. Tis lucky to have the opportunity and good fortune to ride my bday.

Comments

David Crowell said…
Happy birthday Tim. Glad you could get out and ride.

Popular Posts