Cold Commute

My decision to cold commute this morning (18F) was instantly vindicated when I saw 'Sheryl' in the lobby with her commuter bike. 'Sheryl' moved relatively close to me this summer, so her commute is perhaps only a mile shorter than mine (and up from her earlier flat 2.5m commute). No excuses. If a new(ish) mom can pull herself to work on 2 wheels, I damn well can myself.

No present pic ,but a bike working well for me as a commuter is the CrossCheck. I was very unhappy with the ride quality of the oafish 45c FireCross's. As soon as I traded them for some puffy 35c Paselas and a seatpost rack the CC became a more nimble, cushy version of the LHT. I'm thinking of mounting a basic Axiom Streamliner Road, which I can get mounted for less than the list price. One online source had it for half off at $21.  I'm just really enjoying the ride quality with the 'Stache bars and Paselas. It's great to "re-find" a bike, isn't it?

Comments

Apertome said…
Excellent that you rode in. I have no doubt that the Cross Check is a great bike for the task.
Pondero said…
It really IS great to refind a bike. And that's a pretty good argument for never selling anything.

Popular Posts