Ick

After a desolate week of riding last week Dave and I got out Saturday (to be discussed when the pics post) and then today I cobbled together a "work out" while the Dauphin was doing a cross-training session with the track team.

I took Mellwood to Mockingbird Valley Rd. and rode tempo up the hill into Indian Hills. I don't know if it's timed service or a result of the recent miserable weather, but I ran into 2 road/sewer/water crews in the first couple miles, which made for an attractive street surface to ride on. Notice in the pics below that idiot recently took off the fenders. Why? Their fit wasn't perfect, so instead of modifying and improving, I threw the baby out with the bath water, and the lower pic is evidence of the resultant muck all over the bike and me.

After linking to Indian Hills Ave., I did a variety of loops and climbed all four hills in the neighborhood. I tried to ride a steady, industrious pace up each and managed to run out of gas towards the top of each. I only switched into the smallest chainring once, though, so that's worth something, I guess. Once done climbing, I used the Cox's Park trail to Zorn and then River Rd. back to Zorn, doing in excess of 15mph for a change, and with a reasonable amount of climbing in the hour. I was a dirty mess when finished, but it'll wash, right?

Tomorrow the BR is going to re-receive the fenders, although I have to search hard for some extra fender stay hardware; that was a problem with the initial installation. Zip ties only work some of the time.


Comments

Apertome said…
Ick indeed. Sounds like a good training ride. I've been really itching for some tempo rides, but road conditions have me on the LHT with studs and that's not really a viable option at the moment. Most roads are clear but I encounter enough snow/ice that the road bike wouldn't be prudent.

Damn sand! It really does get everywhere, doesn't it?

Popular Posts