"Free Upgrade"

So I never "unlocked" purchased map, which is now sitting in the MapSource queue. After registering something or other, Garmin offered me a "Free Upgrade" whereby I got the same map for free, but the upgraded one although I purchased the previous one a week ago. Huh? Huh?

Now I can play with MapSource, which seems sketchy. I'd rather use ridewithgps, which is what all normal people use since it's amazing. I downloaded/imported the ride file I need for the awesome ride we're taking Saturday. Ridewithgps "how to's" suggest to place .gpx file, which I have, in the Garmin60cx folder, which I don't. It's plugged in to the usb ("drivers found") but I see no means of placing the .gpx in the folder. Blah.

And I woke up at 4.00. Blah. But at least it's going to be 70F and I can ride. It'll all work out somehow.

Comments

Pondero said…
I hope all that gadget fuss pays off for you. Sometimes I think I'd like a GPS, but haven't yet taken the plunge.

Popular Posts