Muscatatuck-Crosley 1.1

Playing with GarminConnect and 60cx. Here's the course from last week (or was that 2 weeks ago? Time flies). In using the GPS just for the brief time I've found that I'm juggling the following sites:

  • Connect.Garmin-the most recent find. It's a generalist site that can be used to look at data after-the-fact. I'm sure it's a one-stop shopping experience for both preparing gps usage, i.e. planning routes/tracks, and for looking at what you did.
  • MapSource- which is Garmin's map manipulation software to prepare maps for loading onto the unit. Two different users have know suggested to me that they use ridewithgps.com for initial route preparation, but they then use MapSource for pinpoint route prep including turns, etc.
  • Garmin Training Center- which gives you more specific information- like lap splits, pacing at different points, etc.- about training. I think this is just more stratified data than GarminConnect, but similar. I guess.


With so many, "I guess"es, you can tell that this is all early guesswork as to how to best use all these tools. It's primarily info overload. Unless I'm TRAINING, I can't envision the many usages of the data available, but certainly for maps and routes it seems like interesting, at least.

Comments

Apertome said…
I haven't tried Garmin Connect. I usually upload my tracklogs to RideWithGPS, I really like the way it displays and embeds the maps.

Popular Posts