Sunday Coffee Ride

The three of us- yo, Dave y Patricio- got out for a Sunday morning ramble, all under sunny skies in the mid40s to 50s. It was glorious! Patrick was premiering his new AHH, his new road ride to augment his off-road/touring Bomba. Quite!!! It was a great-looking rig and he did an excellent job on the build, in my opinion (which is all that matters on my blog). With previous discussion, I was on my own RBW product, the QB and Dave had re-shod the LHT with non-studs. Did I say it was glorious to have escaped the throes of winter in the sunshine?

Dave's route basically had us north to the river and then west to downtown, out around Churchill Downs and into Woodlawn for a coffee stop and home via Eastern. I had family commitments so I curled off in Cherokee while they they out Westport to Patrick's 'hood. I'm pretty sure that Dave ended up with 50m+ of urban riding on the day. The QB performed perfectly for me save the when we finally turned N and NE with the brisk tailwind. Dave decided to wind things up on Eastern Pkwy and Floyd St. and the QB does not have the gearing to pound a big downwind effort. Well, actually it does in the guise of me hamstering along at 130rpm. That becomes very tiring very quickly. I paid him back with a peppy climb up the 1 EstPwy hill, that even on the QB SS. It just felt *right* today! I think Patrick would say the same of the AHH. Aside one vicious pedal strike he seems very confident and comfy on the new rig. And it looks great! In fact, the color and pain job embarrasses the QB, making it look very bland and pedestrian. A great day, and one hopefully of (warm) things to come.




Comments

Apertome said…
Wow, Patrick's AHH looks incredible indeed! What a couple of bikes he has. Wow. Also, I like his trick, mounting the U-lock on the saddle bag. I'll have to try that myself.

When you said Dave dropped the hammer with the tailwind, I thought you were both on singlespeeds. Now I see that he had gears. Not fair!
Apertome said…
AND, you didn't mention it, but I see you have your amazing new Acorn Bag. Looking forward to your thoughts on that.
Pondero said…
Love those AHHs and QBs! Congrats on the positive turn with the weather. I'm glad you guys were able to enjoy it.

Popular Posts