Training


After last week's numerous found miles, this past 6 days has been blah and more blah. We had a great time with friends over the weekend, but I never quite put together ride time, and these past few days have been filled with bronchitis for the elder and a creeping cough on my part.

That said, I was feeling stir crazy so today in lieu of running any tennis training in the driving rain I rode my bike in the driving rain, so driving that it eventually become comical when I felt my shoe covers and shoes fill up with water. If I dropped my heel on the downstroke I could feel a little pool swish from the end of the shoe backwards. I give props to the wool top though. I got wetter and the got a little chilly, but the torso was great.

And with 16m in, I feel much better as well.

Comments

Kokorozashi said…
Sounds like this ride could count as swim training, as well!

Amen to the difference a good spin makes. 15m on Tuesday reshaped my day completely and made Wednesday much nicer, too. I'm hoping to get this take-home exam done so I can rinse and repeat today.

Hope your elder feels better soon, and that your creeping cough yields to the good medicine that comes on two wheels.

Popular Posts