Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ride

After much bitching, sitting and taxiing this weekend, the fam went for pizza and I went for 1.5hr of riding on the fancy bike. The HR numbers suggest that I rode pretty hard, which I did, although my avg speed was meh. It's quite warm (70Fish) with a blustery wind coming from the south, so my impressive legs deserted me on the return when I turned back into the wind.

The IF was very sweet today. I felt super-comfy and sprightly throug the course of the ride and am glad I chose to do a road ride on the shiny thing instead of a mtbike ride as I was originally considering. The week is supposed to maintain such warm temps, but I have matches M, T and Th, so riding will be slim to none. Oh well, I got out there today, and I hope you did too!

5 comments:

Pondero said...

Good to hear. I did 1.5 hours yesterday myself. No post, and no photos. I didn't want to stop. I just pushed the bike out the door and rolled. There's a place for that too, I guess.

Apertome said...

Awesome. I haven't done this yet but I have had similar thoughts. My road bike is in the shop getting a tuneup right now. Getting on the fast bike will be a good motivator. Can't wait for our gravel ride Sunday, either!

Doug said...

Good for you for getting out. I didn't. Laid up with a stomach bug that's been racing through everybody at work.

A Midnight Rider said...

We have been riding more and more as the weather improves. The town is putting the tennis nets up next week. Things are looking up.

Tex69 said...

@Doug "bugo de estomago"=no funno.

@Apertome, looking forward to Sunday. fo' real. It's been forever!

@MR, tennis nets, they don't take them down around here. They've moved our season a bit so we're playing matches in early March. This yr it's worked out, but I rue the upcoming yrs with matches in the low 30s.

Email to mysurly69@yahoo.com