Cherokee trails

We having some seasonably cold weather in KY at the moment, which means late Spring temps in Minnesota. I suited up and went out yesterday at around 15F, but as you can see, the sun helped warm my path. It has barely snowed, but I felt that the fatbike was in order.  I dialed the clothes in quite nicely, but the cold made each effort that much harder, so when I needed to back off, I did. Which gave me time for birds. (sic)





 Same a previous photo, but his one shows the run-in to the turn a bit better. Fun section.




What I wore to be comfy at 15F:
NorthFace headband- removed
Performance fleece balaclava
Defeet undershirt
Sport Hill top
Bellweather coat
windfront boxer brief
Performance fleece pant
RBW MUSA pant
Defeet thin wool sock+medium wool sock+ chem foot warmer
Keen pull-on boot
wool gloves+Hind mitten

What I saw:
Brown Creeper 2 **first
red-headed woodpecker 2
downy woodpecker
tufted titmouse- at least 10
c. chickadee
A.robin
**What looked like a ruby-crowned kinglet. A little greenish bird with 2 white bars on the wing, about that same size. Too quick to tell. Another day.



Comments

midnightrider said…
Winter riding can be the bomb. It's all in the layers.

Popular Posts