4 trips

Today was a productive one on two wheels as it were. I started the day almost taking a "training ride" but changed my mind and toodled on the Ute up for coffee and then a few extra miles on the way home. Glorious, glorious weather made the decision a bit easier. I dove in to the some yardwork and needed some more grass seed from the local nursery, so that added just short of 2 more miles. Later after the toil of the American Expectation I took the Ute again to the local 'Beer Depot', although it officially goes by a different name, this time for libations and sandwiches. Tonight I had a tennis meeting at the Evil Empire about 3 miles away, so I grabbed the Blueridge (having changed a tube and cleaned out the debris-ridden tire on Friday) and did that, later stretching the legs for just short of an hour of a glorious evening. It felt great in the morning to toodle and felt equally great in the evening to ride a bit faster than the slow slow slow I've been doing lately. It just felt good.

Comments

Pondero said…
I like the short phrase at the bottom of the Strava box...

"There are no achievements on this ride."

That might be my new bicycle outing motto.
LvilleTex said…
Pretty funny there. And so true.
Anonymous said…
I sometimes miss my work commute. But retirement lets me do much better rides.

I got a ticket to the US/Turkey match at Red Bull Arena in June. I bring my bike and ride to the game from the hotel. Actually I ride to the bar, then to the game. I'm the first one back at the hotel and have lots of time to kill waiting for those who drove.
LvilleTex said…
My school commute will fire back up soon after the end of tennis.

Popular Posts