"Blue Monday"

Date: Jan 2 T
Mileage: 12 (LHT)
January mileage: 12
Year to date: 12

those of you who are of a certain age and certain musical persuasion should automatically have that initial beat or so of the aforementioned song already playing in your head. those not, it's alright, b/c that's what today was a "blue" Monday, a "case of the Mondays".

yes, it was in fact Tuesday but today just never got off the ground. this a.m.'s commute, the first commute ride in 2 weeks, was laborious and slow. i should have some miles in my legs; December was good mileage month and I didn't sit around slug-like all break. None-the-less, I was lethargic. The a.m. worsened ever slightly by a rubbing front brake. It was fine when I rode in Maysville a week ago. In that time since, without having been ridden, the front break decided to rub. I just undid it and went on with a front. Work/slow really blew. Meetings, more meetings, grading, more grading, lack of productivity. You get my drift. Then news came in the middle of the day that some friends of ours had a terrible car crash with one dead and other family members in ICU. These are good people, good souls, and bad shit happened to them. Someone was driving carelessly and crossed the center line and hit them. That's all I really know, and all I care to describe, but it just isn't right. For those of you who are religious, keep the Jacks in your prayers. For those Buddhists out there, show them deep-felt compassion. It's wrong.

Got home in a minimal amt of time to help with childcare. The "real" 2007 has begun, in earnest. Life if short.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah, I had the Blue Monday beat in my head as I read.

I'm sorry about your friends. It can be a scary world out there. Be careful on your bike.

--Laura

Popular Posts