Commute

Date: Jan 17 Wed
Mileage: 16 (LHT)
January mileage: 190
Year to date: 190

Not much to report really. I commuted on the LHT. It was a brisk 26F in the a.m. For that I wore a wool tight layer with fleece pants, a medium-weight wool top with a polypro top over that and my Bellweather jacket. On the feet thick wool with plastic baggie, another thick wool and newspaper bags over that inside Lake sandals, with Lobster globes and full balaclava. I guess I should've mentioned that on our trip to Detroit Rock City this weekend I picked up smart Smartwool bottoms and a Smartwool zip top. I would load pics, but the Smartwool site won't allow that. I was going to purchase these kinds of things from Rivbikes, but while in Detroit, and with REI card in hand, I did the deed. I really like Smartwool stuff and am glad to have added it to the stable this past fall/winter. Soft and warm. It doesn't seem to help me go any faster, but it's good to be warm while going to slowly.

Comments

Doug said…
I've slowly been switching some of my gear over to Smartwool products. Lately I'v been using a Smartwool neck gaiter that I really like. I've used Smartwool hiking socks exclusively for my backpacking and hiking footwear for close to 9 years. I use the same socks for winter cycling. Love the stuff.

Popular Posts