Floatsome

Date: Jan 19 Fri
Mileage: 24 (LHT)
January mileage: 214
Year to date: 214

A slightly longer commute today helped my the mildish temps (39F), and more importantly, sunny conditions after work. I meandered down toward the river, along River Rd. and Cox's park, through Indian Hills and home. With an advantageous tailwind along the table-top flat RR, I was able to finally pedal the "Hog" faster than 15mph (well, for a little while). Nothing more special to report, but I finally took a few pics on my own ride. Unlike the more manly northern bloggers, I prefer to not take off all my gloves and crap and take pics in the cold. Yes, I am a pussy.

The river is up. This dude in his overcoat happened to be in the frame. Up above his head in the distance is a condo building up River Rd. In this it might as well be a raft or boat in this pic. Just north of Louisville there is substantial flooding, but fortunately, I live 6-7 miles from the river.

Floatsome. Don't you just love the foam? What IS the foam?


The "Hog" in all its glory. I really like the Nashbar panniers. I like the Brooks B-17, increasingly w/out cycling shorts. I like the 'Stache bars for commuting. I like the SON hub and B&M light. I like riding through crap on the big-ass Serfas. I do NOT like traveling @ 12mph, but that seems to be my winter speed this year. It is what it is.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Flotsam," which happens to be the
title of the children's book that
just won this year's Caldecott
Medal, and which was my staff pick
last fall.

Popular Posts