Commute


Date: Feb 2 Fri
Mileage: 15 (Surly Crosscheck)
February mileage: 35
Year to date: 308

I'm getting a little used to the CC as a commuter vehicle. We had more "snow" on the road today, so away on the Crosscheck. It's more nimble than the LHT, and frankly it makes me feel less damn slow. I also give high marks to my winter Sidis. My nice mom gifted them to me a few years ago for Xmas. In the past I didn't think they were warm enough, but the last two days, I've worn 1 thick wool sock, the Sidis, and Kucharik toe covers and have been very comfy. This one pictured above is a more recent model, but I think the idea is roughly the same. Apparently they're more "racy" than the Lake winter boot product, but here in the mid-20s (with a stiffish afternoon breeze) they did me great. Maybe I'm acostumbrandome al winter. I had better, b/c they're forecasting Minnesota-like temps this week here, well, if our lows were they're highs, or something like that.

Comments

Popular Posts