GrandBois

I've written Saturday off as a total loss save two nice futbol games that the boys played; Z scored and his team won big. L's team lost late, but he played well. The rest of the day sucked.

Today I had a much better attitude, but still didn't get on the bike through unfortunate reasons. Right around the time I was going out my dad called and we chatted about house stuff. Then I spoke to my mom about house stuff and before you know it my window closed. I did mount the GrandBois' on the Bleriot, but didn't get them on in time to ride. They mounted somewhat similarly to the CdlVs, in that the looseness of the tire makes it challenging to stuff the tube up underneath. Then it doesn't seat right and leaves a bump. And finally, as maybe previously reported, my faithful Zefal seems to be giving out after 20 years of service. It doesn't pump much, the gauge seems completely wrong and parts seem unavailable. Might have to give in and buy a new one. 20 years is pretty damn good for a tool such as that. you and i both know the new Chinese-made ones won't last near that long or with such reliability.

Comments

Doug said…
My last floor pump, don't remember the brand name, lasted all but three years. I getting tired of buying stuff that only lasts a short time. Things like vacuum cleaners, dvd players, computer printers, small appliances, etc. And then when it breaks you can't fix it. How long can we go on living in a disposable world?
LvilleTex said…
That's why I'm more sad than usual. I know 20-yr products aren't available anymore. I bought a Serfas, but doubt it will last more than a few seasons. I'm with you.

Popular Posts