Commute

Date: April 23 Mon
Mileage: 12 (LHT)
April mileage: 139.5
Year to date: 750.5

As much as I want to have some enlightening to say, I don't. The good wife needed the truck to haul Z's roller coaster science project to school, so I rode. It was a match day, so I showed up with a couple cans of balls and wished everyone well. It rained and we only finished 2 matches. The other coach is a putz, but I probably am too.

I was passed quite aggressively by a fellow commuter on Hill/Barrett. He came by me up a hill with nary a "hello", even though he was riding "Fred" style with a day-glo vest and basketball shorts amidst what looked like a nice pannier and one of those flat-barred road bikes. I caught up at a red light, although he was up the line from me. At the crest of a mound near Barrett&Shelby it seemed like he turned around to check on me, but I wasn't in the mood to chase. 12mph seemed like a perfectly slow and steady pace to take. I don't understand people. I at least wave, but I guess I should get over myself, no?

Comments

amidnightrider said…
I have had pretty good experiences striking up a conversation with riders I catch up to. Usually pull along side and complimenting their bike. It's a good ice breaker.

Riders that pass me or going in the opposite direction are a different story. Narry a nod.
Anonymous said…
Hey Texy,

Just wanted to let you know about an event going on down here. On June 2nd, the BG League of Bicyclists is holding the 19th Annual Tour de Cave. There are 8, 16, 38, and 68 mile routes. The longer routes run through Mammoth Cave National Park. I'll send you the flyer I have on it.

Peace,
LuvDoug

Popular Posts