Maysville

Date: May 12 Sat
Mileage: 13 (Bleriot)
May mileage: 29
Year to date: 779

Date: May 13 Sun
Mileage: 15 (Bleriot)
May mileage: 44
Year to date: 794

My math might be wrong; I really don't care, and that's why I'm not an engineer.

We had to do a quick trip to Maysville to celebrate Mothers' Day and my suegro's bday. We only left mid-Saturday, but I threw in the Bleriot on the off-chance I would get a ride in, and as you can see, I stole away for 2. The first was quite by chance. We were approaching the area and I knew of a country road way to get to the house, so I had the good wife stop. I jumped out and away I went, regulary underwear, standard tshirt, sandals, full RBW style. I was so relaxed from not having "expectations" that I had a wonderful 1-hour ride to the house. This time of year everything is quite green, with large fields tall with the first hay crop. The temps too were near-perfect, maybe 80. I suspect the middle ring on the Bleriot provides lower gearing than that of the Blueridge, b/c I climbed with relative ease. No speed mind you, but comfortable ease on the many rollers and occasional .5m climbs in the area.

Today I did some gardening for my suegra as a way to help the good wife for Mothers' Day. Afterwards I need to transport myself the 6 miles to my yerno's house. I consulted the maps and came up with a couple doable routes and again I went. My only disappointment is that I didn't extend today's ride b/c it couldn't have been more pleasant: 70F, sunny, windy, clean, green, lush, alive. I only did 15m, but wish I had doubled that. That's fine though. 2 stolen rides in a busy weekend. And later the afternoon was spent eating cook-out food and eating bday cake. Excellent.

And the Bleriot, as ever, proved itself to be such a great bike for what I want in a ride bike. in fact, I took the "country bike" out on country roads for a country ride. Damn good.

Oh, and I saw a roadie on a carbon bike passing by my wife's parents' house. 10 years ago they were "way out" in the country, but like so many they are experiencing the slow and steady encroachment of suburbia with its roadie fitness buffs. Great day for it.

Comments

Popular Posts