Joy Ride

Date: May 5 Sat
Mileage: 16 (Bleriot)
May mileage: 16
Year to date: 766

Damn, I just jumped on the Bleriot in my yardwork clothes and rode the damn bike. No agenda. No training. No destination. Nothing more than pedaling. And I really enjoyed myself. Goofed through the parks and in the neighborhoods checking out the houses with big parking lots and obvious Derby parties. Hit a couple hills just for kicks. Looked like a massive Fred with my Target shoes, tie-die C'dale shirt circa '92 and some Gramicci shorts that almost don't git b/c I don't ride enough. Good stuff and damn pleasant.

First meal of the day, before yardwork, was homemade berry pancakes courtesy of the good wife. 2nd meal of the day was fresh-grilled steaks, asparagus, cornonthecob, bread a a few beers. Damn good!

Ed. I failed to add, but am now doing so the visual highlight of my ride this afternoon. Those of you who follow professional, drug-laden cycling may know Danilo DiLuca, recent winner of Liege-Bastogne-Liege. He rides for Liquigas, an Italian team with a pretty damn ugly "kit", as they like to say.If you take the image of the lime green and blue thang, and paint the same kit on a pasty, tubby white guy with nary the muscle but all the uncomely folds a fat old white buy could bring to such an outfit, then, well, you have the site of the day. I think, in fact, it was a kit from an earlier year b/c there was much less blue in the shorts and much more lime green. I admire his audacity and bravery to look SO bad in lycra, but I just shake my head, not sure how to react. It WAS a site. He was sporting one of those really nice-looking Bianchi San Jose singlespeeds, so he is slightly vindicated, but damn, get some clothes that will impress the ladies more than lime-green lycra. C'Mon Man!

Comments

Popular Posts