Arreglamiento

This afternoon I set about some proyectos, "fixing" some of these random machines that I've commented on. The 9.2.5. got the best treatment (no pics. tomorrow?). I traded the bars yesterday. Today I mounted an old lever that came with the original LHT set-up, the one with bell. "Ding Ding". I was pleased that it all worked out alright. In turn, I took off the rear brake, so I'm going pretty "fixie" style with a front but no rear brake. I also traded out the saddle, going with a Terry model that has been on numerous bikes. I like it, but it's big and bulky. The last bike it resided on was the Blueridge until the B-17N came along. Interestingly enough, I saw potential damage of the overly-wet Brooks on the Blueridge today. It has a decided "lilt" to the right, I guess from leaning against something while wet. We'll see what happens, but I have fears, as I've heard/read "Don't let it get wet" speaking of Brooks sillones. The only thing missing from the 9.2.5. is some type of grip/bar tape. TBH, I'm thinking 1 roll of cloth tape. I like the stuff. And the 9.2.5., with that, will be immeasurably more ridable.

The LHT needs big work. I will have to take a full summer day cleaning and tweaking the primary commuter mount. I may even give in and go "bike shop" with it, b/c it's the...primary commuter mount. I won't yet, but we'll see.

I was going to true the rear Blueridge wheel, but can't find my appropriately-sized truing wrench, so we'll see.

And the Bleriot is pretty. I like it. I think I'll ride it tomorrow. All of you non-tall people ought to consider a 650B, especially the Bleriot or Saluki. They're great.

Comments

Popular Posts