Rain Ride

Date: June 24 Sun
Mileage: 35 (Blueridge)
June mileage: 97
Year to date: 919

Finally a "real" ride this week. I don't know exactly, but after the Sunday morning coffee I got on the Blueridge and ride for a while. I'm still waiting for a new spoke for the Bleriot's real wheel, so I rode the BR for the first time since the winter. In fact, the computer still maintained the info from a club ride I did a long time ago, one that took me some 35+ miles. On that day I wore my Look sandals with 2 pairs of wool sox, and today I was in the same sandals, this time without. Whereas I so often travel with bags and panniers and lights and stuff, today it was just the BR- no bag, no pump, only 1 bottle- and me with shorts, tshirt and sandals. It felt good (oh, helmet too) to be relatively stripped down.

Highlights include having serious right sandals issues with respects to the clip. Mid-ride I could tell the cleat had loosened, but being stripped I had no answer, so I dealt. Getting home I discovered that 1 of the 2 screws is missing, so quite, eh!? The other is that I was met with a refreshing significant downpour 2 hours in. We've been quite dry for a couple months, so I won't poo-poo a refreshing drink for the earth, the crops, and my garden.

Comments

Popular Posts