#11-

Date: July 13 Fri
Mileage: 15 (LHT)
July mileage: 216
Year to date: 1163
iPod: Bruce Springsteen "Born to Run", Feist "Reminder", Roots "Phrenology"

Given my pessimistic, negative nature, once I lost my July mojo I threw away several other opportunities to ride both Wednesday and Thursday. Frankly I was sitting around (sub) consciously feeling sorry for myself for not being able to meet a goal. Instead of "pulling up my bootstraps" I just languished.

Suffice to say tonight I got on the LHT and took an evening/night ride. I had been promised an ipod cover so I went to Circuit City in St. Matthews to find one. It was a really nice night to ride, with the temps very moderate for this time of year.

It was an example of one of those errand rides that are so doable if folks just got on the bike. In my case, Circuit City is about 6+ miles from the house, with only 1 real hill. So doable, and I'm glad I "did" it b/c I also passed on a couple commutable (not exactly precise usage there) opportunities in the last few so...

I have more to say, but it's late and I rode.

Comments

Popular Posts