#9 Quickie

Date: July 9 Mon
Mileage: 16.5 (Bleriot)
July mileage: 200
Year to date: 1147 (I rounded my numbers up b/c I'm lazy)

Damnation I was lazy today!! We had our get together yesterday where I drank more than my fair share of refreshing beverage, so today's activity up until my ride was virtually nothing but spending the morning reading some transamerica stories and later watching some this and that on the tele while the good wife was at work.

eventually, in keeping with my goal, I got off my ass and went out on the Bleriot for a quickie, putting in about an hour in Seneca/Cherokee. I'm getting a little bit if left elbow pain, I think, from not bending and flexing my arm. Today I tried to be mindful of it and adjust as needed. Yet again I wore Tevas, per IGrant, and they worked out fine. I was going to take out the Trek, but its pedals sound like seals dying from club abuse. I think I fixed the Bleriot pedal "tic". I had fun doing a couple hot laps around Seneca and keeping a roadie or two at bay. Distance and speed can be done sans cleats, although some other dude blew me away even though it didn't seem like he was working that hard. I did both 40s last week in sandals sans cleats. Not having a computer on the Bleriot makes speed, mph, and average all guess work, but who cares? I had a good ride spending some time in the big ring. Still can't climb for shit but that's my own problem.

Tomorrow we're headed to Holiday World for L's bday. If I'm going to keep my All-July then I'm going to have to get some miles in in the a.m. I'll have to bounce out of bed for another quickie and then get another long one in Wednesday or Friday. Just today I started to actually think of adding miles and maybe making the Labor Day thing a reality. I have to finally do an epic adventure to keep with these other bloggers who aren't so poseur as I.

Comments

Popular Posts