Fixie Flattie

Date: July 19 Thurs
Mileage: 16 (9.2.5.)
July mileage: 322
Year to date: 1269

I was going to go 'Crossing this morning while L was at soccer, but 'doings' arose that made me temporarily insane, so i sat around brooding instead. L has been invited- identified- to be on this 'select' team, a first for him and for the family. I and the boys like sports, but I wouldn't call any of us "athletes" until know. It's then complicated by the fact that we found out that one of the 2 possible 'B' teams has as members 2 really good friends of his, but the other team no one. Do you see the quandry? So I watched Moreau lose his Tour chance while thinking of how to ensure that L is on the "right" team. Grasping leads to suffering...

This evening after supper and near a very rainy twilight I took a flat fixie ride through the barrio. Due to the weather and impending darkness, the crepuscular shadows as Neruda might lable them, I wanted to stick to side streets and to a course as flat as possible. No challenges. Just a ride. It was great. I really, really like the changes to the 9.2.5. and I like getting out no matter what the artifice.

And L gets to play select. This stuff is a big deal for him, and henceforth for the parents, vicariously or not.

Comments

Popular Posts