Factoids

Date: Aug 9 Thurs
Mileage: 16 (LHT)
August mileage: 31
Year to date: 1345
ipod: UrbanDharma "Buddhism in Everyday life I"

A basic commute today, again with mega-temps- 100F on the side temp ticker. Today I felt better during the ride but was damn hot at home. I ended up having a cool shower to both rinse off the significant sweat I had accumulated and cleanse my hot-weather funk.
  • I was complimented this morning on my Serfas taillight by a driver. "That red light's a good idea!". I thanked him and was happy that it's working in the early morning hours.
  • A work colleague passed me about .75m from work. She was shocked to find that I was in the front office before she was. Actually I had the chance to sign in and check my mail before I greeted. I like this example of efficiency is the face of the seemingly obvious fact that bikes are "slower" than cars.
  • The CJ ran an article today about the new program of Sharrows, these especially being timely for the negligent death of a cyclist this summer. They're being painted on the 2nd-Street bridge first, the site of the "accident". This is the only means for cyclists to cross the Ohio River in this area. I don't know if it's of any use, but something is better than nothing.

Comments

Doug said…
Hard to beleive it's already back to school time.
LvilleTex said…
Are you joshing me?

Popular Posts