9/11

Date: Sept 11 Tues
Walk: 40min (2.5m)

interesting notes on this 9/11 day:

  • got a walk in. felt good all in all. a little ankle pain. a couple light-headed spells. going to the doc tomorrow, so we'll begin address that.
  • starting feeling better yesterday afternoon. it felt good to not have too much ankle pain and to not feel chronically fatigued nor about to have a cardial infarction.
  • watching a little MSNBC tonight about 9/11. L wanted to do so after discussing it in his class. Powerful, Powerful images. many 'Murcans will react to coverage like that by pulling a Fred Thompson. ""We are finally on the right track in Iraq and we're making progress." Yea, great progress. Fact is, when I watch the video from that fateful day I become angry that we went after Bush II's daddy-enemy instead of going after the real enemy that is Al-Qaeda. We didn't for Bin Laden but instead falsified trumped up charges to go after a non-existent threat, one the Bush family had already been fixated on. It was a disservice, as still is, what has been perpetrated in Iraq. The video makes it so much more plain, to me at least.
  • Does anyone care about the Vuelta? Not me. Does anyone care about professional cycling or Valverde's tribulations to ride the Worlds? Not me. Has anyone ever seen a sport shoot itself so vehemently in the foot? Not me.
  • Does anyone who reads my blog like Real Madrid? Does anyone care? I suggest you not.
Hopefully things on my personal front are turning the corner. Feeling better but have many long-term goals. the health thing is tantamount at the moment. i would rather be prepping for winter adventures like Doug than playing the waiting game here.

peace out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have tried to get interested in the Vuelta. I check VeloNews but I just can't get through the articles. I will have to wait until the World's to decide if it just short term disinterest or if it going to drag out. I am hoping that the Slipstream team next year will pull me in.
LvilleTex said…
hear hear on the Slipstream possibility! that's the one that might hold me in. thanks for bringing that up.
Anonymous said…
I made it through the Tour of Missouri stage description today. That is progress. I find myself hoping that Hincapie can break his streak of bad luck. I have been watching him since about 1998. And, I was happy that his stage win the other day was not the result of him sitting on someone's wheel the whole day and sneaking by at the end.

It is probably foolish and wishful thinking, but I want to believe that all the bad stuff happens over in Europe. Rationalization is the key to happiness.
LvilleTex said…
certainly anything Big George can do is bonus. let's hope he's "right", if you care not to mention the other terminology.

Popular Posts