Commute 2.0

Date: Sept 24 Mon
Mileage: 23 (LHT)
September mileage: 102
Year to date: 1508

Finally had the first bigger-mileage commute in a good while. I looked and it was the first day of commuting over 20m since April, if you can believe that. Dang! Last Fall is when I had so many great commuting days in the 30s. We're awfully busy right now with work, the wife with church, soccer, stuff. I felt really good today, at least for most of the afternoon portion. I found an interesting off-road field today down by the river. I was sort of proud of myself for doing some explorational riding on a commute- very Minneapolis like.


View Larger Map


This apparently will be the location of the new dedicated cyclocross course that is part of a greater park expansion along River Rd. To the very left (west) in this drawing is the field. I always thought it was a junkyard. Maybe it was and was covered over, but it's essentially a big flat field. Some complains come from the fact that in the center of this is the present old River Road CC, which is being used for 'Cross as well as other nice things. They're going to tear it up and make it more official. Who knows? I was glad to do a little off-roading and glad to get 23m total on the day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Man, every time you post something like this, I can feel the ville calling me home. They really are making a lot of good moves up there these days.
LvilleTex said…
Yes, we'll see how it goes. In a few weeks we're hosting one of the 'Cross Grand Prix races. That will bring all the big hitters in, and I assume if we host well more races will come. Could be exciting!

Popular Posts