Re-First Commute

Date: Sept 14 Fri
Mileage: 15 (LHT)
September mileage: 25
Year to date: 1432

Hooray!!! Today felt like I did the first commute of the present school year all over again. After getting only 1.5 weeks of work commuting in before the ankle thing (and then heart thing), today felt fresh and tentative like a first day would. I certainly didn't have any rhythm concerning clothes, b/c I really couldn't find much this a.m. Frankly I didn't have much riding rhythm either, but I was riding!!

Highlight (lowlight?) of the day: Seeing a sing [sic] (*i put that in there on Saturday after noticing that "sign" had become "sing" due to my poor typing. i looked up to verify its correct usage, so there you have it) draped across a door down Shelby Park area (read 'hood' for outoftowners) that read MY BITCH FINALLY DID IT!. I still can't quite come to terms with whether it actually said that, but I think it was a boy birth announcement- blue instead of pink- but that's what it announced. Damn I'd like to be his daughter.

Riding on the 'stache bars got me thinking that I will probably need another stem, as the one now is too short. We'll see about the stem/slope combo. That could slow the deal down unless the adjustable stems are peachy.

But on the bike and saving the world!!

Comments

Doug said…
It must seem like things may be getting back to normal, or at least heading in that direction. I've only been off the bike 7 days with this darn cold virus. It feels like my world has been put on hold. So your predicament must feel insane. If it's like my heart problems a few years ago, they'll find nothing significant to worry about and you'll have a weird diagnosis on your records to follow you around for the rest of your life. I have a congestive heart failure diagnosis on my records because a doctor reading my heart ultrasound felt one wall of my heart looked a little thicker then normal.

Popular Posts