Wilco!!!

Aside from some afternoon bar hopping after work, the evening turned even better with a trip to see WILCO! We had the extreme good fortune of seeing them last October at Iroquois Amphitheater, in what I think was the best concert venue I've experienced personally. This year they've crept closer to the big leagues, moving to our local AAA baseball stadium, Slugger Field. To be honest, I was skeptical of the layout, as you never know what you get with mini-stadium shows, but the night, and the band, proved to be superior yet again. This is a band that has just flat out found its collective groove. Jeff is approaching 40 seems to be in a somewhat nostalgic mood, choosing to wear a A.M.-era hat and they played 4 or 5 tracks from that album. I just saw a recent blurb on a message board about the great poster, and here it is, and NO, I didn't buy one b/c I'm a dumbass. Nice design. It just rocked all round and had a nice blend of old and new. And I love how they can meld acoustic folk with all-out walls of noise. Love it.


Set List
1. Misunderstood
2. Forget The Flowers
3. You Are My Face
4. IATTBYH
5. Handshake Drugs
6. Side With The Seeds
7. Show in the Arm
8. She's a Jar
9. Impossible Germany
10. It's Just That Simple

11. Too Far Apart
12. Jesus Etc.
13. Walken
14. ITMWLY

Encore
15. California Stars
16. Hate it Here
17. Box Full of Letters
18. HMD
19. Spiders


Encore

20. Via Chicago
21. Red-Eyed and Blue

22. I Got You 23. Outtasite (Outta Mind)

Comments

Popular Posts