Commute

Date: Sept 21 Fri
Mileage: 16 (LHT)
September mileage: 65
Year to date: 1472

I'm posting Saturday morning about a rousing, successful Friday. As someone who purports to ride, I in fact did that on Friday, commuting to work for what I believe is the 2nd time (maybe 3rd but too lazy) in September. It's been a month to remember! I'm feeling better though, and the numbers continue to be good. The ankle still feels like crap. Maybe after all the heart stuff is out of the way I'll check into that.

Straightforward commute on the LHT. Later in my return trip home I became convinced, rightfully or not who knows, that a change to drop bars is the best for the LHT. I think the 'Stache bars could be great for that perfect combo of frame and stem, but more than anything I miss that flat cruising position that a drop bar brings. Hell, I could almost go Dove/Albatross, but am not financially ready for that yet (given my recent offline purchase). After the UK/UL bar hop escapade from last week, the LHT is rattling all over the place. I think the fenders, panniers, gearing and maybe both brakes are all out of slight wack. Don't you hate those little annoying noises that can emanate from a bicycle. I have no real wrench skills, but I at least try to ferret those out.

Comments

Popular Posts