Commute por la noche

Date: Oct 4 Thurs
Mileage: 15 (9.2.5.fixie)
October mileage: 61
Year to date: 1661

In my typical commute I face morning darkness and afternoon high light. Today was quite different, in that I had my morning usual, but his evening I experienced the full evening darkness that many of my commuter companyeros face daily. After school today I attended a Dutch Still Life PD @ the Speed museum put on by a fellow teacher (art). It was informative and I certainly know more about Dutch are then I did beforehand. Lots of flies and pissy squirrels. Seriously. Afterwards a work crew from said PD went out for a drink and a salad, and I did so on the fixie. I think I commented last time that I really like the fixie when I ride it. It was the perfect commuter today, with Nitelite headlamp and 2 flashies in back. I locked it up reasonably; nobody stole the headlamp although it would've bee easy to do so. At 10.00 I returned home amidst the traffic on B'town. Unfortunately I didn't run across the big pack-o'-flashie fixies that I saw out the window- through the screen, we were outside- 30min earlier. It was grand. I felt great and the fixie was even greater. Good stuff and good fun and good commuting. Tomorrow is St. James' and my 11.15 physical. I plan on riding to and from that as a sign of protest, or at least a declaration.

Comments

Popular Posts