Stuff

We were off today from school, courtesy of St. James' Art Fair. It's supergrande in the 'Ville, so they just gave up and let us loose (officially PD day). I spent the morning preparing for my physical. I still find it so very strange that my idea of having a physical, the first since I was 30, corresponded 2 days later with my Afib. Life is damn strange. Today's experience was allinall positive. My blood numbers were better than expected: Sugar-80, HDL-57, weight- down 5lbs since last visit 2 weeks ago, PSA- normal. My total cholesterol is high, but not HIGH. I attribute my good HDL to wine and biking, and I Love both.

After my doc visit, the afternoon proved nebulous but comfortable. Having thoughts of a ride- I'd ridden every day since last Thursday- I instead napped in the chair and did little except talk occasionally with the good wife (when she wasn't doing) and drift along. It was nice, to be honest. Oh, bike related. I took the Surly over to Clarksville, fav LBS. for bike stuff:
  • exchange Nitto Moustache for Nitto Rando.
  • move brake levers and bar-cons and cut appropriate housings and cables as needed.
  • add Tektro interrupter levers to the mix.
I also picked up the Conti Contacts. I thought I was getting the TopContacts, but I think I instead have the ContactSecurity. The CSs are prob a good bit heavier, something I was hopping to avoid changing from the Serfas. That said, they look like a nice tire, and as a commuter, the extra puncture protection will be good. They're narrower than the Serfas, and I'm tired of the mondo-tire thang. Sure if I was doing the Pugsley thing it would suffice, but it's still 90F here and I don't see any snow or sand in sight. I sure do like my LBS, so I'll give them a break even if it's not exactly the product I was looking for. In the grand scheme of things, small potatoes. Henceforth, the LHT will have new bars, new tires, and will get a thorough de-greasing on Sunday. It's filthy, to be honest. I'm debating the wrap job for the bars. I'm thinking 2 layers of cotton. I'd love to do the weave like Jim did for my Bleriot, but I know deep in my heart I couldn't pull it off. I have both black and blue cotton laying around, so I'm going to play around with that. Afterwards, I have a potential connection for some hemp twine locally, and will finish the job with that. I've seen tutorials and they're not too bad. And being a good LBS, the ride will be ready tomorrow 9a.m., so I'll have time to wrap and clean Sunday before the workweek Monday. Good stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts