Mas ride

Date: Oct 15 Mon
Mileage: 5 (LHT)
October mileage: 235.5
Year to date: 1836
Temps: 74F Muggy

A bonus trip out tonight to drop off some bills (late) at the Post Office. This trip required, first, that I take the LHT with all the lights blazing. I also wore my reflective vest, something I don't do often. The roads scare me much more at night with tired folks after work, booze, and general day-end grumpiness. The PO is about 2.5m away (gmaps-pedometer.com). The one difficulty is crossing a Watterson/264 interchange. If there is one gaping whole in the cyclist infrastructure of this city, it's the need to risk death going through these intersections. I'm glad for the ContactSecurity tires, b/c I barreled through the wide shoulders that were littered with all sorts of road detritus. Got home safe and sound, and I was able to add 5 cheap miles to the day's total.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Are you referring to the interchange at Bardstown or Shlebyville Road? I hate driving those. I hate to think about having to ride either of those.

When I was a kid, I dared to ride along Dixie highway for about 3 or 4 miles to go see some girl that I had no chance with. I just did not think seriously about the danger then. I assumed that as long as I was careful, I would be fine. I did not take into account other people not being careful.

Popular Posts