Saturday mornings















Date: Oct 6 Sat
Mileage: 21.5 (Crosscheck)
October mileage: 82.5
Year to date: 1682.5
Is there a better feeling in life than Saturday mornings? Well, I can think of 1 or 2, but we won't go there. I went to bed last night early enough that I could get up this morning fresh and ready for a super-busy day. I and the Crosscheck were on the road by 7.30 for a quickie through the parks and the neighborhood. The rest of the day is a mess. 1. pick LHT up at shop 2. 12.45 Z futbol game 3. 3.00 L futbol game 4. 5.00 Z bdayherenthere on the ride today, mixing that up with some slowneasy when I need too. There were lots of people out, including preparations for the Highlands 5K run this morning. I had to dodge some barriers, but the bigger obstacle I had to avoid was the mass of runners/joggers in Cherokee. I experienced what I guess frustrates car drivers so. Right in front of me was a phalanx of 6-7 joggers completely blocking the entire right lane and side jogging lane, and this with others runners in the left lane! Mind you, this wasn't during the official ride but just morning time. I don't begrudge these folks one bit for taking up some extra space. But if 1 bike can't get through then you have a courtesy issue. Sounds familiar? A little later I ended up behind some of the local racer boys from Papa John's Racing team. These guys were just tootling along and I felt a little awkward b/c it was slower than I was cruising at. That said, the idea of fat me "blowing by" these guys was sort of ridiculous. Get a grip. So I inched up along side and made a joke about "blowing by" them. They were quite jovial and nice about it and said "get him back in line!". It was fun and certainly a rare occurrence, to show a pair of wheels to the best racers in the area. Oh, they were on the their 'cross machines, and I as well, except I wasn't using 'cross tires.

I just got back from the shop and now have prep work to do on the LHT. It's time for a cleaning, the new rubber and the new tape. Pics will ensue. Yummy!

Comments

Popular Posts