Shorts!

Date: Nov 20 Tues
Mileage: 36 (Bleriot)
November mileage: 278
Year to date: 2326

While some of my commuting brethren in the Great White North are affixing Nokians to their commuter bikes, I rode to and from school in shorts today. strange. the morning brought 63F, which was great weather for short and a windbreaker. in the p.m. i rode in short sleeves and shorts, with temps around 68F or so. i rode the Bleriot to enjoy its nice position in a longish afternoon. today i was experimenting on the Bleriot with saddle position. i had previously had the RBW "saddle-back tilt", but that seemed to make me fall into my bars a bit. last night i adjusted the Brooks to a flatter position and today i tested such a postion. it did help upper-body position quite a bit. i felt much more comfy up top, but i also seemed to squirm a bit more. i noticed that in certain positions i could more greatly feel my sit bones, and I would say i have a little extra nether-region tenderness that i usually have on one of the Brooks saddles. i would call it a slight draw, but the nether regions are more important in the end.

i took the long Riverwalk/River Rd./Indian Trail afternoon loop. i had a nice tailwind for parts of River Rd. and had a good game holding off a roadie for a while. he eventually caught me- and in true roadie form didn't acknowledge my existence- but I thank him for the motivation to a bit of big-gear speedwork.

great weather, but the rains come tonight, so we'll be back in wool tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts