Date: Dec 19 Wed
Mileage: 19 (9.2.5.)
December mileage: 122
Year to date: 2647

I took full advantage of the bicycle lifestyle to make 2 extra trips that most folks in society would've done in car, notwithstanding the bike commute to work. Z had a band concert at school today, so I got someone to cover and away I went in khakis, workshirt and dress shoes on the fixie downtown for the show. It's only 2 miles there, so it didn't take long and I was able to put the bike in the back of the auditorium. Mission accomplished.

Today is also year 15 of matrimonio. I always try to do flowers, b/c they're a fresh thing to have in a sometimes wintry time of year. After work I went by the favored florist to pick them up, and made use of the Wald basket on the fixie along with a bungee to take care of storage. I made it the 6 or so miles home with no probls. #2 accomplished as well.


Ratty pic of the fixie. The back yard is full of shit from the construction job. No they're not finished. Honey-brown Brooks is covered up front the previous moist-ish ride. This pic does include the RBW Banana bag, cork grips and basket


Not-very-good pic of the flower storage job. The florist, Schulz's, did an awesome job packing them in heavy-duty Xmas paper. On my end, the bungee up top did the trick. The bag below is the general trash bag I use to haul stuff in to/from work.

2 days left before Break. And after scandal after scandal, I need it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, that was 15 years ago?! I remember it well. Happy anniversary!
--Laura
amidnightrider said…
Life can be very simple if we only do it right, can't it?
LvilleTex said…
You're right Midnight Rider. Simplicity is a choice.

Popular Posts