SS Last Ride

Date: Dec 31 Sun
Mileage: 21 (Trek400)
December mileage: 275
Year to date: 2777
iPod: shuffle

  • Last ride of 2007. 2007's total is 2777. To compare, 2006 gave me 2648 by blog count, 2573 by Duc's Excel count. I trust the math on Excel much more than mine, so I'll take the 2nd number. I'm pleased to beat last year's total. 2005's total was only 1418, so I'm making progress.
  • Longest single-day ride this year was 46 miles on 2 different occasions. The largest day total was 53 in November during the epic Riverwalk excusion.
  • Last year's last ride was on the Trek on a semi-rainy day. Today's ride was nice and sunny and upper 40s, but I took the Trek out again. ironic? synchronous? And for some reason, I decided to ride single speed, staying in my 4th cog the whole ride. I would say the combo is something like a 40x17 or so. It was sort of fun actually.
  • It's the rough 1-year anniversary of getting the Bleriot. My good wife accuses me of being a generally dissatisfied person, and I think she's right. That said, I am 100% satisfied, very much so, with the Bleriot. I wouldn;t change one thing on it, although I may jump back to the CdlVs just for fun. The Grand Bois are great though.
  • My high month was 454 miles (Nov.) and low month 72 (May, height of tennis season).
  • I sometimes blog about my beloved UK Wildcats. The team is SO so terrible right now. A total disaster. Guess we Cats fan got it coming to us after the Tubby incident.
  • Real is at the top of La Liga standings, with a clasico win over Barca @ the Camp Nou.
  • I'm still "Buddhish", but seemingly too undisciplined to take the next step. Monkey mind/Habit energy hard to neutralize.
Peace to all beings. Hope you leave our arbitrary 2007 designation happy, successful and satisfied. Hope next year's arbitrary 2008 designation leaves you even more. Thinking of you friends and cycling acquaintances alike.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy New Year, Texas!

Popular Posts