Apuntes

Since the DSL is working right now- who knows when it will konk out- I'm going to leave some thoughts:
  • The 'Cats are on a 4-game win streak. They won a Fugly game last night @ Auburn, but I'll gladly take a road win right now. Fascinating that they can be 11-9 overall (terrible), but 5-2 in the SEC and 1 game ahead of Florida. Billy G might be a rogue, but at they're performing at least.
  • Interesting game between the U.S. and Mexico last night. The crowd was overwhelmingly pro-wet back. I shouldn't talk like that, but I hate it when every time our nat'l team plays a latino team the crowd is pro-foreign. It's the hidden sports jingoist in me. If you're here, then quit with the home country crap. If not, move back. :-)
  • Altidore looked very good. Dempsey easily has the best foot skills of any of our players. The wings looked terrible. Tim Howard saved us over and over. I never want to play Mx with Vela, Castillo, DosSantos and Guardado starting. They'll run circles around us. An adequate result, in that it wasn't a loss on home soil.
  • Real certainly laid a dud last week vs. Almeria. They were 2+ minutes away with a lessened impact; Barca almost drew Osasuna. Instead, Barca got the 3-point swing in the 88'. I didn't watch the game, but it sounded like crap. I did watch some highlights on Ole and they had their chances. They're not unlike UK. If everybody were healthy they would be significantly better. Instead, someone is always hurt.
  • Many have done a better job than I ever could, but webmaven Sheldon Brown passed on, much to everyone's dismay. What a great resource and seemingly giving guy. Kent, as often, did as good a job as any reflecting on his influence.
  • Please, please, please Obama win some more delegates. I refuse to vote for Hillary if she gets the nomination, so he's my only hope of going vote-less in November's election.
Peace

Comments

amidnightrider said…
I though we were lucky to get out of that match with a tie. We agree on the wings, especially Convey. Not much of a threat. We disagree on Dempsey though. I would have taken him out sooner.

I'm not a big fan of Bradley as the coach either. He's ok, but I would prefer a big timer. Houllier is one I had in mind. And he was interested.

Next weeks Champions League will be fun. I'm a Lyon supporter but ManU is going to be tough.
LvilleTex said…
ManU has stuttered of late in the Prem, so maybe there's more of a chance. As you've read, I'm all Real and you can't beat a 7-0 onslaught vs. Valladolid. If they get mid-field play like yesterday (Sunday 2/10) they could be tough in the Champions.

Popular Posts