Cold Grey Commute

Date: Feb 25 Mon
Mileage: 14 (LHT)
February mileage: 147
Year to date: 418

We're in, I'm in, quite the grey rut of late. It seems that every day is 35, grey, a little windy, and is a day that offers us a dose of wet, whether it be snow, sleet, rain, etc. Forecasts had been calling for a nice one-day warm up, perhaps a day in the upper 50s. I dressed accordingly, going light in the a.m. for the opportunity of a sunny warm p.m. ride extension. Instead, I think the morning and afternoon temps were within 3 or 4 degrees. Work was very stressful so the afternoon ride felt more like a muletrain hauling stone out of the quarry. I'm not sure whether I'm the mule, the stone, or the beaten-down quarry. It was a commute thought, something I hadn't done for a while. Tomorrow is calling for decreasing temps and rain. Same as today, mas o menos...

Comments

Popular Posts