Ick! II

It's important to continually learn, and I learned something interesting about technology. Today's earlier entry with the weather.com map showed lots of rain and sleet. I did a "view image" and copied the "image location". I thought I was just copying the image like as if it were a pic. I checked the blog just now and learned that the image, in fact, had changed. It wasn't a static pic at all but rather the dynamic radar for the area. Who'da thunk it? It's just gross outside: 30F, raining, really wet streets, slush, sleet. I would love to ride tomorrow, but not having Nokians for our 1 snow every 4 years I'm stuck riding on icy streets sans studs or driving. Driving it is.

Comments

Apertome said…
What kind of tires are you using? I put an old pair of knobby mountain bike tires on my commuter (which is actually an old mountain bike) for the winter, and they work well enough to let me ride on some ice. These are tires I consider too worn to be effective on the trails, but they work quite well on snowy/icy roads, especially if I let a bunch of air out of them.

This is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying studded tires, although not everyone has old knobbies laying around and a bike that'll fit them.

Popular Posts