Trastornos

Date: Feb 2 Sun
Mileage: 4 (925 fixie)
February mileage: 4
Year to date: 273

Date: Feb 3 Mon
Mileage: 25 (LHT)
February mileage: 29
Year to date: 298

Date: Feb 4 Tues
Mileage: 17 (Trek400)
February mileage: 46
Year to date: 315

I feel like I got relatively sustained mileage in January, but I guess the week off last week- storms, electricity, malaise- has slowed me down. Both my commute yesterday and today lacked "crispness", that pop you have in good legs. Sunday was a beer run. I needed beverages for the Super Bowl so I filled the basket full of Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale and Brooklyn Chocolate Stout. And STOUT it is! Damn, that stuff is syrup. Yesterday's afternoon, no, I'll discuss the morning first. BB and I hooked up for the morning route. We got good and poured on in the last 2 miles. I've never been one to commute to work in the rain b/c of obvious logistical issues, but I did it yesterday and was proud for having not wussed out. In the afternoon I did the Mellwood/Cox'sPk/Indian Hills/Seneca Park return loop. Frankly I felt like shit through most of it. I couldn't push a good gear and never got my ass all that comfy. I've put a bit of time in on the Conquest Saddle, but yesterday nothing really jibed. Bitch Moan Complain. That said, I have to be thankful for the little amount of damaged we incurred in last week's wind storm. Coming down Nanz in St. Matthews, every single house had some type of tree damage. A house on Cannon's had been T-boned by a very big tree falling directly over the house. A little inconvenience seemed a trifle.

This morning I found a potential source of yesterday's grief. In moving the LHT in the garage I heard the tale-tell signs of a rubbing front brake. I guess I rode my whole Monday commute with a brake rub. Who knows?

sic- posting Wednesday

Tuesday (yesterday) I rode the Trek and noticed in the afternoon that the front brake was a smidge loose, a byproduct of my fender installation of a week ago. Again I didn't have much pep, but put in a decent commute. Last night (Tuesday) we were hit with big straight-line storms like from a week ago. The sirens went off around 12.00 and I moved the boys to the basement. I don't know if any tornadoes touched down, but it has just been super stormy and super stressful. I was up till 1.15 and was too tired and grumpy to commute. Frankly, after a hard Monday and Tuesday my enthusiasm isn't at it's highest.

I'm debating whether the SAD thing is creeping down on me. Its February. It's dark. It's cold (actually I rode to work Tuesday in shorts of all things). The house project is at a stand still over drywall. The earthlink DSL has been on and off lately and it's impossible to pinpoint if and when it will work. It's not the end of the world; it's ust that nagging constant fucked-up state. The wind sort of blew part of the the storm door, so now we'll have to find a carpenter to fix the door jam.

Let's see we have to find: carpenter for door jam, DSL provider that works, drywall guy, painter guy, flooring guy, original contractor to finish 1 window, oh, the floor leaked a bit so that has to be dealt with, did I say appropriate flooring, the front brake on 2 different commuter bikes.

I'm feeling laden with self-pity and not processing it well. We certainly don't have it like folks in AL.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry. It sounds as if you've got some stress there. Having work done on your house is always stressful, the storms make everything difficult, and even though I don't think I suffer specifically from SAD, I do feel grumpy when I'm cold all the time. I feel your pain. Cheer up, March is not that far away and March in Louisville is when spring begins...
--Laura

Popular Posts